Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

CWShredder by Intermute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cybrguy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: CWShredder by Intermute Reply with quote

On Eric's lists (as far as I can tell) he doesn't specifically endorse CWShredder since it has been taken over by InterMute (the makers of SpySubtract). Is this an oversite, or is there some reason not to use it?
TeMerc
Warrior Obsessed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forums cybrguy.

CWShredder is an entity unto its own. As far as I know, it is the only dedicated scanner for CoolWebInfections. I can say then, that it is because of this, that it would not be included in any tests Eric has done in the past, nor any for it to be included in, in the furture.

Eric tests the basic spyware scanners, ones which typically target thousands of different 'signatures' or 'fingerprints' of many types of adware, spyware and malware.

In regards to the Intermute version of Shredder, it has some bugs in it, and altho very much documented in many security forums, and there being at least 3 different inquiries into these bugs, Intermute has not replied in any fashion. So, many of the security people who would use it regularly, are instead holding onto the older version, tho, while outdated, still seems to be more dependable than this first issuance of the new version from Intermute.

Hope that helps in answering your question.

Ultimate Countermeasures Page
Calendar Of Updates
Malware Advisor Blog
cybrguy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks. This one is a real xxxx to remove manually, and lately many times when I have used Merjin's last one, it was unable to get it (at least all of it). I am hopeful that Intermute will get it right soon, as a functional tool would save alot of time...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: