Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

please help me-how should i post my log

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vivacious

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: please help me-how should i post my log Reply with quote

help me-i have a backdoor.netsna something Rolling Eyes Sad Sad
TeMerc
Warrior Obsessed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums vivacuios.

We need you to do a few thinigs before we really run thru and diagnose your machine.

For the virus, we have you run scans at either of these 2 places:

do an online, free, full system scan. Be sure and have the 'Auto Clean' button checked.
Trend Micro
Panda ActiveScan

After that, to further clean you up..........

For starters, if you do not have them yet, please DL and run AdAware & Spybot Search & Destroy.AdAware and Spybot Search & Destroy are 2 of the most trusted apps in the security area. They are both free, compliment each other nicely, and do not use a lot of resources. They can be found here:

Spybot v. 1.3
AdAware

With AdAware and Spybot: DL, check for updates, then scan, repair/remove/quarantine anything found. Reboot before next scan with whichever app is next. The reason for running these apps, is to clean up some of the other 'crapware' on your pc, which, in turn, will make deciphering your HJT log, easier.

Then this app:HiJackThis v:1.98.2
Please follow these instructions, exactly, for proper HJT installation. Please place HJT into ITS OWN FOLDER.
You can do this by going to My Computer (Windows key+e) then double click on C: then right click and select New then Folder and name it HJT. (C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe)Move HijackThis.exe into this folder. When you run HijackThis from C:\HJT folder and have it "Fixed checked" it will create a backup file of modifications to use if restore is necessary which is easily accessible.
Run the program, and press Scan. You will notice the Scan button will turn into a "Save Log" button. Save the log and Post that log onto this topic. DO NOT DELETE or modify anything yet, as some of it is needed to keep your system in proper working order.

Someone will be along to look at your log soon as possible, we appreciate your patience. Remember, we are ALL VOLUNTEERS, those of us who help. And we do the best we can to answer posts as soon as we can. Logs are looked at in the order in which they are posted.

Ultimate Countermeasures Page
Calendar Of Updates
Malware Advisor Blog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Talk About It All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: