Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Hijackthis Post - Note: Another computer another hijack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Hijackthis Post - Note: Another computer another hijack. Reply with quote

This computer also has NAV 2005, PestPatrol. CWShredder already run. It is nearly clean. Whenever Windows boots up, an explorer window opens with the subdirectory c:\common\bin which contains
iviaudio.ax, iviaudioeff.ax, ivideo.ax and ivinav.ax. I am not sure if this is a left over pest, corrupted windvd, or failure of cerain codecs to load. I have run Procexp but cant find what is opening the explorer window.
Would be grateful if someone could kindly advise if the log is good or needs fixing.

*****HJT LOG FILE EDITED OUT, TO COMPRESS THREAD AND WAS NOT RELATED TO USERS PROBLEM*****TEMERC
TeMerc
Warrior Obsessed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, your log is clean, I can see no obvious troubles. As such, I'm going to move this to the 'General Software Discussion' forum, so more of the tech related eyes can see it and help you.

Ultimate Countermeasures Page
Calendar Of Updates
Malware Advisor Blog
goldman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Thank you.
simon97062

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which operating system do you have?
Perhaps it's simply the Windows explorer option to reopen previous folder windows at login that's switched on. In XP, go to any Explorer window (not IE), such as My Computer, from the Tools menu, choose 'Folder Options'.
Click on the View tab, then in 'Advanced settings', uncheck 'Restore previous folder windows at logon'.
I'm not sure if this is your problem, or if there is something more profound happening.
goldman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: TA Reply with quote

Windows XP. No there are no open windows when XP is shut down, there is something that is opening the window each time.
I suspect either a broken WinDVD or something is wrong with the codecs. If a codec is missing perhaps XP leaves the open explorer pointing at the directory where the codec is expected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: