Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Privacy Tools 2004
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suzi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Your interpretation of "freedom of speach [sic]" does not apply to this board. When you registered I am positive that you agreed to Terms and Conditions that prohibited vulgar, profane, or abusive language. You seem to be in violation of that agreement. Can Nick or Suzi comment on this?

From the registration agreement and Terms and Conditions:

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.

Harry is correct to a degree, however I rarely edit posts here, and as Mikey said,
Quote:
As someone who has been censored and censured on numerous occasions because my opinion wasn't liked, I can tell you flat out that it is NEVER in the public's interest.

As long as no sec or personal threats exist and no obscenities exist, why talk wanton censorship? Sorry, but for me this issue is even bigger than the viral agent of topic here.

I think Ash1ey's posts here speak volumes about his character and I don't plan to edit them.
ash1ey
Banned for violating forum policy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have a life that is honourable, ethical, objective and rational. Can you say the same? Didn't think so.

Yes I can say the same thanks for asking grandad. I mean in all this Harry you dont really know sh1t. I can give as good as i can take.

At the end of the day I'm not going to keep answering your questions here as this discussion has gone on far to long. I've enjoyed being entertained by you lot and its interesting to see the sad little world you all live in.

I know you've all been dying to know, but my software is back on sale. Of the many machines i tested on there was no F/P's

IF YOU TEST THE SOFTWARE OR HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SOFTWARE PLEASE EMAIL ME. IF YOU KEEP EMAILING ME STUPID QUESTIONS (i.e not related to the software) I'M GONNA ADD SOMETHING TO MY EULA THAT WILL STATE:

By using this software you agree that you are not the owner of, affiliated with, or a member of spywarewarrior.com Smile

You will also notice on my site that I clearly state:

All images on this site are copyrighted. If you wish to use an image of our software including screenshots you must first gain permission from the owner.

As nobody on this site has asked for permission to use images of my software SUZI WILL YOU PLEASE REMOVE THEM.
ash1ey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and one more thing about ADS as I forgot to mention.

I do not own the ADS Adware Remover. Do a little research and you will find that out for yourself.
ash1ey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
IF YOU TEST THE SOFTWARE OR HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SOFTWARE PLEASE EMAIL ME. IF YOU KEEP EMAILING ME STUPID QUESTIONS (i.e not related to the software) I'M GONNA ADD SOMETHING TO MY EULA THAT WILL STATE:

By using this software you agree that you are not the owner of, affiliated with, or a member of spywarewarrior.com

Please ignore this comment about 'IF YOU TEST THE SOFTWARE etc..'

Anyone from this board thinking about using my software should clearly read the EULA first.
eburger68
SWW Distinguished Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All:

The Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware pages have been updated to reflect the new release of Privacy Tools 2004. The entry for Privacy Tools 2004 now reads:

Quote:
vendor threatens to distribute malware (1, 2, 3); vendor attempts to silence critics (1); unconscionable license terms (1, 2); false positives work as goad to purchase (1, 2); previous version was same app as 2004 Adware/Spyware Remover & Blocker, ADS Adware Remover, AdwareSpy, AdWare SpyWare Blocker & Removal, AdwareX Eliminator, SpyBeware, & The Web Shield; previous version was Ad-aware knockoff

Moreover, there is now a note on the main page as well as the family resemblances page (see http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#pt2004_note ) that reads:

Quote:
Note on Privacy Tools 2004: On August 27, 2004 a new version of Privacy Tools 2004 was released. Included in the license for this new version are three clauses that prevent me from reporting on the performance of this new version of Privacy Tools 2004 or displaying images of it:

------------EULA QUOTE------------
3. COPYRIGHT.
All title and copyrights in and to the software product (including but not limited to any
images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and "applets" incorporated into
the software product), the accompanying printed materials, and any copies of the software
product are owned by the Author of this Software. The software product is protected by
copyright laws and international treaty provisions. Therefore, you must treat the software
product like any other copyrighted material except that you may install the software product
on a single computer provided you keep the original solely for backup or archival purposes.

[...]

12. By using this software you agree not to take or use screenshots of the software and
understand doing so will result in legal action being taken against you. You understand
Screenshots are copyrighted protected material of the software owner.

[...]

13. By using this software you agree that you are not the owner of, affiliated with, or a
member of spywarewarrior.com
------------END EULA QUOTE------------

The last version that I tested (a beta version) still generated horrendous, inexcusable false positives just like its predecessor (1). Whether the final release also does so I cannot say, as I have been unable to test the software.

Clearly the vendor for Privacy Tools 2004 wants to shut up critics and prevent critical information about his software from being disseminated. Moreover, the vendor for Privacy Tools 2004 has threatened to distribute malware himself (1), making him a completely irresponsible source for anti-spyware protection. Thus, my recommendation to users is to stay away, as the software and the vendor cannot be considered trustworthy or reliable in my opinion.

As neither I nor Suzi have agreed to the terms of this new license, the clauses on screenshots are inoperable with respect to screenshots of previous versions of Privacy Tools 2004, which were not covered by this new license. The family resemblances page does note that images of the new version of Privacy Tools 2004 have been censored by the vendor.

If you have any questions about the changes made to the Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware pages, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Eric L. Howes
mikey
Malware Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashley, just so you know, I will continue to review your product as well as any other product that I am qualified to test/benchmark and if you wish to contest my right to do so, feel free to do so. I will maintain my findings on a domain owned by me and unaffiliated to SW.

I've been advised that as long as I tell the truth, I have no concerns.

Speaking of reviews, why don't we just put the issue of whether PT is an ADS variant to rest? In addition to the fingerprinting of individual components that I'm preparing, I also have the simple comparison snapshots of the installs. I believe that the snapshots alone proove without doubt that PrivacyTools2004 is virtually the exact same tool as ADS Adware Remover.

Privacy Tools 2004 install; http://www.voiceofthepublic.com/reports/RPT_0098.HTM

ADS Adware Remover install; http://www.voiceofthepublic.com/reports/RPT_0100.HTM

BTW ANYONE can duplicate my findings and I'm aware that several already have. Smile
suzi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric stated:
Quote:
As neither I nor Suzi have agreed to the terms of this new license, the clauses on screenshots are inoperable with respect to screenshots of previous versions of Privacy Tools 2004, which were not covered by this new license. The family resemblances page does note that images of the new version of Privacy Tools 2004 have been censored by the vendor.

That is correct. I have not agreed to the terms of the new license. The screenshots will remain in place unchanged.
Harry Letterman
Warrior Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ash1ey wrote:

Yes I can say the same thanks for asking grandad. I mean in all this Harry you dont really know sh1t. I can give as good as i can take.

I'm curious, Ashley: What makes you refer to me as "old man" & "granddad"? Were you abused by an elderly relative or school headmaster? Hold a grudge, do you?

ash1ey wrote:
At the end of the day I'm not going to keep answering your questions here

This reminds me of the classic "bait and switch" scam where they promise you one thing and deliver another, inferior product. Like PT 2004. Ashley keeps promising to shut up and stop answering questions at SW but he continually comes back for more.

ash1ey wrote:
By using this software you agree that you are not the owner of, affiliated with, or a member of spywarewarrior.com Smile

So, even if you do manage to have one of your programmers develop a decent spyware scanner (highly unlikely) you will hold a permanent grudge against any and all members of Spyware Warrior? That's awfully petty - oh, but then again the EULA has been approved by you. But Ashley: We have money to throw at you! You can fatten your wallet some more. Pleeaase honour us by graciously consenting us permission to use your product! We'll even give you a 25 % bonus for the privilege.

- from the film "Stardust Memories"
Harry Letterman
Warrior Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ash1ey wrote:
Quote:

By using this software you agree that you are not the owner of, affiliated with, or a member of spywarewarrior.com

Anyone from this board thinking about using my software should clearly read the EULA first.

How's about we just ignore you and your worthless, ripoff, money-grubbing s/w entirely?

know_bee_ess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a SW member, wouldn't Ash1ey violate his own EULA if he were naf enough to run any program it covers? Sure, you'd have to be an absolute dunderhead to install anything he sells, but he's secured that distinction already.

Quote:
Quote:

As you seem quite dissatisfied with your reception here, perhaps you'd be willing to add a support forum or commented blog, or both, to YOUR website. It can't be too difficult for a man of your means, and the tremendous volume of positive feedback you're certain to enjoy would be priceless for your public relations.

Great Idea thanks

I can't wait for his forum to open. This thread will be my first post. Not holding my breath, though.
Blue

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I saw the language he uses over here,i thought,not very professional.If someone is questioning your software,it wouldn't be a good idea to come over and start this "stfu,WTF",and some more of the immature language.How are you going to convince people like,that,and how will they take you seriously

?Also,I agree,not a good idea to post threats of distributing spyware on a public forum if you're going to get the law involved,even if it is sarcasm.Something that I doubt.I doubt these people here can take you seriously and trust you if you act like this.
Eldar
Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Well, it seems that Download.com changed their mind.
My previous review was added, as well as a lot of others which had been removed. Very Happy
See http://www.download.com/3302-8022_4-10303104.html
ash1ey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry, if you want to test me, go right ahead. Why do you think Eric is not testing the latest version? Because he is smart and he knows its not worth the hassle. The license clearly states 'members of spywarewarrior.com' which includes you.

Eric, dont take it personally I wont let you test the software. People in this forum have only bad things to say about me, whats the point in even bothering let them look at the software?

You people can keep writing bad reviews at download.com i can soon fix that with $70.

Blue, your right, i did take it a bit far with my language. But with ppl here keep saying i am a scam and i mean to rip people off it just made me real Mad Mad - I always treat ppl how they treat me, business or not.
eburger68
SWW Distinguished Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashley:

You wrote:

ash1ey wrote:
Why do you think Eric is not testing the latest version? Because he is smart and he knows its not worth the hassle.

Actually, I figured that if you were so clearly determined to make an ass of yourself in public and destroy the reputation of yourself, your firm, and your software, who was I to stand in the way?

Eric L. Howes
TeMerc
Warrior Obsessed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashley, you have inspired me with your amazing flair for shooting ones self in the foot. So much so inspired I am, that I will be posting links to this thread in every forum I come across, so many others will see the dimwitted approach you take in purportedly trying to make a decnet anti-spy app.

I will, of course include some of the more thoughtful and introspective comments you have made, regarding the inclincation to include spyware in your product, among many of the other soon-to famous quotes.

You sir, are on the verge of becoming more famous than Walt Rines. At least he has the half a brain to shut his mouth.

Ultimate Countermeasures Page
Calendar Of Updates
Malware Advisor Blog
MadameX
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eburger68 wrote:

Actually, I figured that if you were so clearly determined to make an ass of yourself in public and destroy the reputation of yourself, your firm, and your software, who was I to stand in the way?

Eric L. Howes

Laughing Laughing Super Big Thumb Up

Good one, Eric!
Harry Letterman
Warrior Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue wrote:
The first time I saw the language he uses over here,i thought,not very professional.If someone is questioning your software,it wouldn't be a good idea to come over and start this "stfu,WTF",and some more of the immature language.How are you going to convince people like,that,and how will they take you seriously

I still feel that PT 2004 would have had a much better reception here if Ashley had delegated the posting to a senior developer/programmer. As it is, he has become too impassioned and obsessed with defending both himself and his company. Not that that's a bad thing but if he had delegated then the senior dev. & he could talk things over before posting here at SW and they could have responded rationally & objectively, thus protecting the co.'s reputation.

Blue wrote:
?Also,I agree,not a good idea to post threats of distributing spyware on a public forum if you're going to get the law involved,even if it is sarcasm.Something that I doubt.I doubt these people here can take you seriously and trust you if you act like this.

This is exactly the reason that Ashley has decided to not pursue legal action. He realises that he has legally shot himself in the foot with that statement and ANY lawyer/barrister would not take his case for any amount of money. Why would they want to risk their reputation by mounting a futile legal defense for this imbeci*, er, person?

GlobalForce

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ash1ey,

Somewhere, I sensed the need to drop into this merely, as an observer. IMHO (and not that anyone asked), all this coal on the fire has generated a very ugly thread. I have no knowledge of your software, but if the claims earlier in this thread are true, I hope you could understand posters getting their shots at you. Keep in mind, it is not my intention to follow suit.

Please take these words on good will, as they are meant.

Before you become too driven by the negative responses, with promise of revenge, think for a moment. If your original proposition is to deliver a quality life effort that will benefit users of the web, stay focused. The only good that can come from all this is to channel it towards your goal. You have nothing to prove to any of these people, nor do you need to publicly defend yourself.

If as you have stated (I will not draw upon quotes), your firm is in the process of working fp's out, and a more experienced programming team is in the works, then it will only be a matter of time for you. If you have an underlying theme to scam the unsuspecting public, and benefit from their pitfalls, you should be prepared to stand and face the music.

There's a lot of talk about self-esteem these days. It seems pretty basic to me. If you want to feel proud of yourself, you've got to do things you can be proud of.
Feelings follow actions!

GlobalForce
Harry Letterman
Warrior Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ash1ey wrote:
Harry, if you want to test me, go right ahead. Why do you think Eric is not testing the latest version? Because he is smart and he knows its not worth the hassle. The license clearly states 'members of spywarewarrior.com' which includes you.

I have absolutely no intention of testing either you or your product(s). On Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:40 am you wrote:

ash1ey wrote:

Yet 21 minutes later, on Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:01 am, you "corrected" yourself & your previous statement by writing:

ash1ey wrote:

You are a walking, talking, and breathing Contradiction, my friend. So, are Spyware Warrior members allowed to d/l & test your spy, er, software?

ash1ey wrote:
You people can keep writing bad reviews at download.com i can soon fix that with $70.

PT 2004 already has 33 % Negative reviews at Download.com. I imagine that that figure will grow exponentially in the weeks to come... Exactly how much are you worth then, Ashley?

Harry Letterman
Warrior Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi GF,

Nice post. Very eloquent & rational. Very un-ash1ey. The only thing I would disagree with is this:

GlobalForce wrote:
You have nothing to prove to any of these people, nor do you need to publicly defend yourself.

Ashley has publicly threatened the members of this board, and the public at-large, with his plans to distribute malicious & illegal spyware. I firmly believe that he should publicly defend himself here which is, of course, impossible in the context of this forum site.

Nice to meet you and welcome to Spyware Warrior! Smile

Harry Letterman
Warrior Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ash1ey wrote:
People in this forum have only bad things to say about me, whats the point in even bothering let them look at the software?

On Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:31 am (page 2 of this thread) you wrote:

"And to be honest i'm even thinking of having some programmers write me some spyware. Yep, actual spyware to infect ppls machines. Why? Cus you all suck. I'm trying to work with you but you couldnt give a sh1t. So why try and work with the anti-spyware community when there only against you? You guys are against me so much that i'm going to start distributing spyware myself, its not hard. UNDETECTABLE stuff too To be honest theres probably more money in this then the actual spyware removal."

When you say things like "i'm even thinking of having some programmers write me some spyware. Yep, actual spyware to infect ppls machines." AND "You guys are against me so much that i'm going to start distributing spyware myself, its not hard. UNDETECTABLE stuff too To be honest theres probably more money in this then the actual spyware removal." exactly how do you think the members of this forum would respond to you? With glowing praise? Should we shower you with dollar bills & credit card numbers? Or should we use every means at our disposal to expose you for the criminal that you proclaim to be?

In my Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:30 pm post I confused your (ash1ey's) earlier posts of Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:40 am & Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:01 am. I now see that you have no intention of allowing any member of the Spyware Warrior Forums test your malware. I apologise to all of the members of SW, with the notable exception of ash1ey.

MadameX
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You guys are against me so much that i'm going to start distributing spyware myself, its not hard. UNDETECTABLE stuff too

What can be hidden......

Can always be uncoverd.

Deb
ash1ey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ashley, you have inspired me with your amazing flair for shooting ones self in the foot. So much so inspired I am, that I will be posting links to this thread in every forum I come across, so many others will see the dimwitted approach you take in purportedly trying to make a decnet anti-spy app.

Rebranding software = No problems there my friend. New look, new name and new feel.

I know I havent done myself any favours here but I never stand back and let ppl make false claims against me.
GlobalForce, thanks for dropping in and saying your piece. I liked this bit:

Quote:
I have no knowledge of your software, but if the claims earlier in this thread are true

This has been the whole point of me posting here. Claims which are not true.

Quote:
Exactly how much are you worth then, Ashley?

I dont like to boast about figures and how much money i make, but i'll tell you I can make more in a day then most ppl do i an week.

Quote:
I still feel that PT 2004 would have had a much better reception here if Ashley had delegated the posting to a senior developer/programmer.

This i would of been happy to do. I didnt stand a chance though as soon as less qualified members who didnt even give me chance started posting.

At the end of the day I was stupid in saying I might distribute spyware but this was nothing mroe then my immature side showing.
ash1ey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry forgot one thing. Are you saying somewhere that my software is Malware? Can you please confirm this?
TeMerc
Warrior Obsessed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too late Ashly, your comeplete lack of ethics/morals has spread thur the security world. There are no less than a dozen threads with links to this one all pointing to you and your product.

You might even make front page news someplace, and it won't be good either.

Do all the back pedddling you want, your done!!

Calendar Of Updates
Malware Advisor Blog
michal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I had found this thread while doing some random browsing, so your infamy has spread. Congrats.

I think I'd like to tell you my little saga I'm going through right now Ashley. Straight off the bat, I haven't used your software. Nor do I intend to right now; I have a combination of programs that seems to work well, until now.

First off, a little about me. I really hate viruses, backdoors, malware, adware, etc. It's the reason that I don't use Windows as a primary OS; due to the prolonged difficulty of having to constantly keep things up-to-date, and checking for suspicious stuff on my computer. Even then, I know the computer is unsafe due to MS releasing patches when they feel like it, rather than when the user needs it. Probably 85%* of the desktop computers in the world run an operating system that could become a host to some of these malicious programs, and I'd rather not be one of them. I'm studying so I can get a job, probably where I'll be dealing with this malware, removing and recovering from it. Hopefully, a system that I operate will never have a problem. Malware and spyware are in the same category as viruses, trojans and worms in my book, and it is only because of some retarded US laws and their "freedom of speech" that they are not zapped by regular anti-virus software, and their creators arrested and put in gaol where they will get better aquainted with some people who have taken their cheap spam and looking for a new partner.

I now have this new problem, due to being in college. I need to use Windows again. And I then need to arm the system to the tooth to make sure it doesn't get broken into. In Linux, I don't have to go to quite as many measures, though I have to be cautious and keep things relatively up-to-date, and I pull through OK.

Now, we wind forward to this evening... which has become this morning. I bootup my laptop, into Windows 2000, and startup Firefox. I've been hijacked. I don't know immediately how it got there, but it's there, and there to stay. It could be because I fell slightly behind in keeping software up to date. It could be because I was connected to a foreign network. All I do know is I really need to use Windows on my laptop to do work, and my laptop has something that cannot be detected, and I'll have to probably manually remove it. I can't use my laptop during this time, as I don't know who is watching me type. The minute the network connection is attached, data which I'd rather not a third party see could be burst accross to an offshore server. I could setup another network card and selectively route packets one by one, but it is time consuming. I'd rather play games or get on with something productive than worry about who really owns my computer. If I can't do my work, then I fail subjects. Which has a long term impact for me, because some greedy advertiser decided I would be a great target audience for their crappy product which I probably can't afford.

Your apparent "switching of sides", Ashley, is like a classic hero vs. villian comic. Though you were from these reports a particularly good hero, and it has been questioned if you were a villian all along. It the end of the day, it's a lose for the end user, who cannot escape your greedy money-making skills. Yes, you will have a horrible karma, but that doesn't matter to apparently heartless people like you.

Your boasts of "undetectable spyware" sounds awfully like a classic script kiddie. You're doing to "h4xxx00r my teh megahurtz and stolededed them".... "oh nose!@!@21". You sound awfully like jeffk. I know there are ways for you to hide things, but you can find anything, provided you have software that can test files to make sure they match correctly. The full potential of anti-spyware software hasn't been reached for the plain reason there has been no reason for it to be reached.

Oh, and since you make so much money, you should probably invest in some typing tutor software. It's fairly cheap, and reliable. If the producer of the software has no real excuse for poor English, I tend to regard his software a little lower, and wonder if he is just a kid. This image is further enforced by the kiddie behaviour described above, and the boasts of how much money you make. You are no better than Steve Gibson.

* = There is no real way to tell the percentage of people who use Windows as a desktop OS. Because you can't really trust sales figures, people can illegally acquire software, and many of the alternatives are free and decentralized, so there is no way to do a user count.
ash1ey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do all the back pedddling you want, your done!!

You wish!!

I might have stopped selling my spyware removal product for the time being. I will still continue to promote PAL spyware remover with all the hundreds of sites i have set up. At the end of the day you all know money is my main thing in all this. If I sell PAL spyware remover I still get $20 per sale and its only 6 less then selling my own product.

I'll say it again, you wish i was done.

So you all know my name is Ashley? Thats a lot to go on.

My main = to make loads of money. This will still happen whether i sell my product or not.
MadameX
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one has anything against you (or anyone else, for that matter) making money from your endeavors.

It's making money at the expense and suffering of others that the members of this forum, not to mention the thousands of non-members who visit and read this PUBLIC forum, have the problem with you.

To repeat:

What can be hidden.....can be uncovered (revealed, exposed, bared)

You've abandoned your owned flawed product to promote another that has been shown to be rogue.

Nice going, Ashley.

Deb
Harry Letterman
Warrior Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ash1ey wrote:
Harry forgot one thing. Are you saying somewhere that my software is Malware? Can you please confirm this?

Per the ComputerUser.com definition of malware:

"Definition for: mal-ware or malware

Viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other malicious programs."

Privacy Tools 2004 may or may not be malware. As I am not allowed to d/l & test it I have no way of making a judgment, however, I will respect the opinions of experienced users such as Eric L. Howes (eburger68).

I'm not stoopid enough to fall into your little trap, Assley.

I WILL say that if you, as CEO of a company, direct your employees, friends and/or affiliates, or subcontractors, to create and distribute spyware with the intent of maliciously infecting innocent user's systems, then, in that case, "your" software would be malware.

Nick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this topic is straying from discusssion of the software Privacytools 2004 and is going in the direction of name calling and other uneeded things. If all reasonable discussion about the program is done, then maybe this topic has outlived its usefulness.

ash1ey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You've abandoned your owned flawed product to promote another that has been shown to be rogue.

You should understand that this is my job. I'm not going to make money giving away free products. I have to put my work first. Do you not think that your job is more important then the people here?

This is only a temporary measure until i fix and rebrand my software.

Harry, too rite your not testing my product. By the way, your post of Friday 27th at 9:21 pm states:

Quote:
I now see that you have no intention of allowing any member of the Spyware Warrior Forums test your malware.

So it seems you are after all calling my software malware. Its seems u are stoopid Very Happy

Quote:
I WILL say that if you, as CEO of a company, direct your employees, friends and/or affiliates, or subcontractors, to create and distribute spyware with the intent of maliciously infecting innocent user's systems, then, in that case, "your" software would be malware.

But this is not the case and as I have never distributed or produced spyware Smile
Harry Letterman
Warrior Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ash1ey wrote:

Harry, too rite your not testing my product. By the way, your post of Friday 27th at 9:21 pm states:

Quote:
I now see that you have no intention of allowing any member of the Spyware Warrior Forums test your malware.

So it seems you are after all calling my software malware. Its seems u are stoopid Very Happy

That was a typo. I meant to write "maybeware but editing has been disabled in this forum. I offer you my sincerest apologies.

Harry Letterman wrote:

ash1ey wrote:
But this is not the case and as I have never distributed or produced spyware Smile

This may or may not be true. What is accurate, however, is that you announced your intent to do the following:

"And to be honest i'm even thinking of having some programmers write me some spyware. Yep, actual spyware to infect ppls machines. Why? Cus you all suck. I'm trying to work with you but you couldnt give a sh1t. So why try and work with the anti-spyware community when there only against you? You guys are against me so much that i'm going to start distributing spyware myself, its not hard. UNDETECTABLE stuff too To be honest theres probably more money in this then the actual spyware removal."

The above quote is from "ash1ey" and was posted on Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:31 am on Page 2 of this thread (near the top).

mikey
Malware Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just appologized to Suzi and I wish to also appologize to the body of this forum and community.

I should not have gone straight into attack mode. I should have acted like the professional I'd like to be. To all, I'm very sorry for my emotional outbursts.
ash1ey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I offer you my sincerest apologies.

Thanks. Its not accepted Twisted Evil The phrase you use doesnt really make sense, so it is quite clear you called my software malware. You see this is the problem I have with some of you, keep saying my software is this and I want to do that. Its all BS.

I dont intend to do anything, read it again:

Quote:
And to be honest i'm even thinking

I was THINKING of it when i started getting grief from the members of this forum.

So Stoopid, read my posts properly before continuing to post.
TeMerc
Warrior Obsessed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, ashley, just thought I would update you some.

Threads have been started, with links refering to this thread in the following forums:
Spyware Info
Spyware Beware
Cexx
Computer Cops
TweakFX
PC Magazine
PCPitstop
Broadband Reports
auhma
pc secure
Tom Coyote
Net-Intergation
Bleepeing Computers
Subratam forum
TeMerc MSN Group
Aluria
Antonline
Bluetack
Cybertech help
SpyBlocker
SuraSoft
TechSupport Guy

And I doubt it will stop anytime soon.

Congradulations sir, you are indeed, now infamous.

Glad we could be of help in this conquest. Once you do finally rebadge your app, make no doubt, we will find you. No matter what.

Calendar Of Updates
Malware Advisor Blog
Harry Letterman
Warrior Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ash1ey wrote:

The phrase you use doesnt really make sense, so it is quite clear you called my software malware.

What I meant by "maybeware" was that PT 2004 may or may not be malicious "mal"/software.

ash1ey wrote:
I dont intend to do anything, read it again:

And to be honest i'm even thinking

I was THINKING of it when i started getting grief from the members of this forum.

So Stoopid, read my posts properly before continuing to post.

So, when you receive criticism your immediate inclination is to break your own country's (Britain) law by criminally & maliciously infecting innocent user's systems? Is this accurate?

Since we are selectively quoting each other how about this:

"i'm going to start distributing spyware myself"

The above quote is from "ash1ey" and was posted on Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:31 am on Page 2 of this thread (near the top).

MadameX
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In deference to Nick's observation about discussing the merits or lack thereof of your program, this will be my last post to you as I do not tolerate arrogant, one-track minded, immaturity very well.

Quote:
You should understand that this is my job. I'm not going to make money giving away free products. I have to put my work first. Do you not think that your job is more important then the people here?

This sounds as if you are saying it is your job to sell products already found to be shady at best. And if one's job causes harm to other people, then it's more important to get into another line of business. I will never take a job or get into a business that would do that.

I'm not saying I'm perfect; everyone makes mistakes. It's being big enough to admit those mistakes and make a clear and honest effort to correct them that makes the difference.

Deb
blender
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

After seeing the immaturity and dispicable comments...just had to pass it on.

People need to be warned about people like you Ash1ey.
Not at all impressive. Shocked
Kinda makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck...

Add computing.net to the list of threads started.

Off to go have a shower.....

If we have helped you please consider a donation Thank You
KTTD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the beta version and ran the update and then scanned. If I would have told it to fix the 500+ registry entries I would be formatting my HDD and reinstalling my OS instead of typing this message.

I pray that nobody pays for this 100% awful program that claims to do something and I'm thankful for people like Suzi and the others who truly expose the truth.

Ashley's key words where this. "i'm in it for the money" and just like all the other malware programs they are in it for the money as well. They could care less if you screw up your system with their junk of a product.

I'm gonna have to give my computer a bath. It know feels dirty after having that program installed on it.
Mariner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need to take a look at this before it is changed, and it will be when this has been read.

Go to: http://www.privacytools2004.com/ and view page.

Next, go to Order at the top of the page. So far, so good. Then, scroll to bottom of page and click on Home and, et voila! you will be taken back to.......http://adware-remover.net/index.php where you be presented with a 404 Not Found message, showing: Not Found The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server. Apache/1.3.31 Server at adware-remover.net Port 80. Sloppy authoring, for if you click Home via the link at the top of the page, you will be returned to http://www.privacytools2004.com/index.php

Details of Adware-Remover can be found elsewhere on this site, as can those of it's author(?). I, of course, use this term loosely, as, after reading Ashley's posts, he is sorely lacking in basic literacy skills. Would you want to deal with someone who makes threats and is a prolific user of Anglo-Saxon expletives? No, I didn't think you would. Then again, there's no accounting for taste or what passes for it. As the man(?) says; he's only in it for the money.

Whoops! Too late, as this: http://www.privacytools2004.com/ now redirects to this: http://www2.palsol.com/spyrem_offer/index.html?hop=privtools You'll need to watch your browser carefully, as the redirect is very quick. Hitting the Back Button will reveal the former URL, but only briefly, then, you are redirected straight back to the latter.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: