Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

pop up black command box.....help!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Help with spyware removal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treece76

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject: pop up black command box.....help! Reply with quote

First I want to apologize if anyone has already answered this question. I did try to research on your site to see if anyone has answered this yet and I could not find an answer.

I have a newer HP with windows 10 that is about a year old. For awhile now there has been this pop up box, black rectangle command looking box come up at random times. I can't pinpoint when it's going to because it appears so fast and then disappears. It has a gray out line on the box and I think it said files were being copied at some point but now it doesn't say anything that I can see because it happens fast. It's coming up a lot and I don't know what to do. The box will always appear toward the upper middle left of my desk top. Also when this happens like if I'm typing, the curser arrow of my mouse will spin like it's thinking? It's not all the time as well. Thank you for any info. I tried to download a program to remove spyware but I can't get that to launch either.
Cypher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi treece76 and welcome to Spyware Warrior Forum.
My name is Cypher, and I will be helping you with your malware problems.
This may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
The problem you described may not be Malware related but we check that.
This forum specializes in the removal of malware.
I might need to direct you to a forum that deals with non-malware related problems.

Before we start please note the following important guidelines.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to ask.
  • Only post your problem at One help site. Applying fixes from multiple help sites can cause problems.
  • Only reply to this thread do not start another, Please continue responding until I give you the "All Clean"
    Remember, absence of symptoms does not mean the infection is all gone.
  • Please DO NOT run any other tools or scans whilst I am helping you.
  • Please DO NOT install any other software (or hardware) during the cleaning process.
  • Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
  • Note: No Reply Within 3 Days Will Result In Your Topic Being Closed!
Note: If you haven't done so already, please read this topic Things to know before you post where the conditions for receiving help here are explained.
Quote:
Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start

Please click on THIS link, and follow the instructions for installing TCRB and creating a backup of your Registry.

Next.

I need you to run further scans for me.
Please post each log separately to prevent it being cut off by the forum post size limiter.
Check each after you've posted it to make sure it's all present, if any log is cut off you'll have to post it in sections.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
  • Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Right click on adwcleaner.exe and select " Run as administrator " to run it.
  • Click on Scan.
  • When the scan has finished, click on Clean.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the content of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

Next.

Please download FRST ... by Farbar, from the link below and save it to your Desktop.

For 32 bit Systems

For 64 bit Systems
  • Right-click FRST.exe and select " Run as administrator " to run it.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button. ... When finished a log will be created, FRST.txt.
  • Please post the content of the FRST.txt in your next reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it will create another log... Addition.txt.
  • Please post the content of the Addition.txt in your next reply.

Logs/Information to Post in your Next Reply
  • AdwCleaner log.
  • FRST.txt and Addition.txt contents.

Cypher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Due to a lack of response this topic is now closed.

If you still need help you must open a new thread in the Help with spyware removal forum, post a new set of DDS logs, and wait for a new helper.

If you have been helped and wish to donate to help with the costs of this volunteer site, please read Spyware Warrior Donations

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Help with spyware removal All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: