Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Browser has been hijacked

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Help with spyware removal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qyeenbee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Browser has been hijacked Reply with quote

Sorry for duplicate post!

Last edited by qyeenbee on Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:35 am; edited 3 times in total
Gary R

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Qyeenbee

I'm Gary R,

Before we start: Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.

As an added safety precaution, before we start removing anything, I'd like you to make a backup of your Registry, which we can restore to if necessary.

Please click on THIS link, and follow the instructions for installing TCRB and creating a backup of your Registry.

Please observe these rules while we work:

• Do not edit your logs in any way whatsoever.
  • Perform all actions in the order given.
  • If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
  • Stick with it till you're given the all clear.
  • Remember, absence of symptoms does not mean the infection is all gone.
  • Don't attempt to install any new software (other than those I ask you to) until we've got your computer clean.
  • Don't attempt to clean your computer with any tools other than the ones I ask you to use during the cleanup process. If your defensive programmes warn you about any of those tools, be assured that they are not infected, and are safe to use.

If you can do these things, everything should go smoothly.

Quote:
It may be helpful to you to print out or take a copy of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.

HijackThis has not been updated in years, and is not compatible with 64 bit operating systems like the one you are using, so we no longer use it to analyse people's problems. The logs it produces are not a reliable reflection of what is actually running on your machine.

For that reason I need you to run a couple of extra scans for me ....

First .....

• Download FRST64 to your Desktop.
  • Double click Frst.exe to launch it.
  • FRST will start to run.

• When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    • Press the Scan button.
    • When finished scanning 2 logs will open on your Desktop, FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    • Please post them in your next reply.

Next .....

Please download AdwCleaner and save it to your desktop.

• Double click AdwCleaner.exe to run it.
  • Click Scan.
  • A logfile will automatically open after the scan has finished.
  • Close the adwCleaner window, click ok to the prompt.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can also find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[R1].txt.

AT THIS POINT, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CLEAN ANYTHING THAT MAY BE FOUND

Summary of the logs I need from you in your next post:

• FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt
  • ADWCleaner log

Please post each log separately to prevent it being cut off by the forum post size limiter. Check each after you've posted it to make sure it's all present, if any log is cut off you'll have to post it in sections.

If you've been helped, please donate to help with the costs of this volunteer site .... Spyware Warrior Donations
Gary R

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Due to lack of response this topic is now closed.

If you still need help you must open a new thread in the Help with Spyware Removal forum, post a new log, and wait for a new helper.

If you have been helped and wish to donate to help with the costs of this volunteer site, please read Spyware Warrior Donations

Gary R

If you've been helped, please donate to help with the costs of this volunteer site .... Spyware Warrior Donations
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Help with spyware removal All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: