Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Talk Talk Homesafe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aBenG
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Talk Talk Homesafe Reply with quote

So yesterday I got an email from my isp Talk Talk. At least it claims to be from Talk Talk - it reads like an installer scam.
Quote:
You may have seen that child internet safety has been in the news again this week following a spam attack of indecent images on a social network. While this instance was due to malicious hacking, our Life Online research has shown that the risks of exposing children to inappropriate content is very real – at least 14% of children aged 6-10 have encountered adult content whilst surfing the web, unsurprising when half of all children's internet activity (aged 6-17) is unsupervised.
Activate HomeSafe™, our free online security, and not only can you help stop your children accessing sites containing inappropriate adult content, but also help prevent distractions like online gaming and social networking.
Over 200,000 TalkTalk customers have activated HomeSafe™ already - blocking over 1 million undesirable web pages.
Now it’s your turn!

The next line in the email links to a direct install.
The only information I found about HomeSafe™ comes from Talk Talks' own site which gives, erm, practically no information - but does suggest that in addition to a blocklist it includes some sort of AV.
Now I don't install unknown programs just because some email tries to scare me into it - though no doubt many people do. But I would like to know what HomeSafe™ actually does/is? Is it safe/effective? Would it interfere with any part of my multilayered security setup?
Anyone here have any information about it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: