Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Microsoft Discloses Backdoor on Windows Operating Systems!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Security Notices & News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nx42qr7
Warrior

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Microsoft Discloses Backdoor on Windows Operating Systems! Reply with quote

The actual Subject Line should read,"Microsoft Discloses Government Backdoor on Windows Operating Systems" http://www.infiltrated.net/?p=91 This question appeared elsewhere and like elsewhere I thought it was more than merely interesting but compelling.I wanted to inquire if there were any sentiments as to the suggested as well as provided information here at spywarewarrior.com The reference as to the source of this particular posting was http://www.smartcomputing.com which appeared under message#:3321546 from subscriber:JRAM sent: 05/24/2008 7:10:58 AM.This qualification is meant only to provide reliable as well as verifiable information.
CYBERCYNIC
Warrior

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first line of the article in question reads:

"Microsoft MAY have inadvertently disclosed a POTENTIAL Microsoft backdoor for law enforcement earlier this week. "

(Words in caps are my edit)

Not quite as dramatic as the subject line of your post.

LDH
nx42qr7
Warrior

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The subject as well as the subject line has the ability to sneak up on you until you have spent much time researching and chasing down time tested sources of information, as well as the results they provide .The article is much more than merely its cover with an active link provided in the header positioned at the top of the linked page. The header reads <<cross referencing anomaly processing-crap 0.9a revision1/More on Microsofts *Potential* Government Backdoor>> <<Microsoft Discloses Government Backdoor on Windows Operating Systeml-Microsoft Gives Government and Corporate Espionage The Green Light>> There is much more to this story and much more to our understanding as well. There is present here provided something of an extension though admittedly somewhat winding that eventually involves moderators and rather qualified as well as centralized positions.The concerns are better understood over the length of the discussion. http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20524114-microsoft-backdoor
CYBERCYNIC
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading through some of the posts on DSL reports merely confirms my impression that this is not the big deal you are making it out to be.

As a point of interest, do you ever post anything in short, concise, easy to understand sentences?

As I tend to regard this whole topic as a 'tempest in a teapot', I won't add to the furor with any additional posts.

Over and out

LDH
nx42qr7
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Hidden Trojans-Hidden Processes-Compression Schemes- Reply with quote

If there is an interest that is worth noting, it would be that that interest would be the integrity of our computers. Though this may be a consession of sorts,the aforementioned posting underlined something more immediate and perhaps more pressing. How to best secure and monitor the many processes that our respective computers provide in its day to day operations. This element of know how is an integral link to an over all ability to monitor and know as a result the operational schemes that make our computers work as they do. This subject must not be pooh-poohed and when required provide an extended position that is comprehensive.There should not be any "Iam outa here", because this position is designed to make a better ability even more so.
mikey
Malware Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I have no use for that tool or any other malware scanner type tool, I still employ the common end point packet filter just so I can control all my connectables. Most folk have several tools with auto-update(backdoor) working. I personally prefer to do my updates via command and scrutinised.

Of course, those who know me also know I rewrite the web the way I want to see it through my use with both local and remote proxies. The only info I give out is what I approve of at the moment.

Anyone can do the same thing.

Quote:
'tempest in a teapot'

Quite so.

UbuntuStudio...community supported multi-media development optimization.

-
nx42qr7
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article that was first commented on placed information that was not in keeping with what it was reporting. It is,the information that is that the article provided, did not measure up to a backdoor threat . I may not speak for anyone however I have no arguments as such with Microsoft nor for that matter with the Federal Government(this is merely a relative matter, pertenent to this particular mention). The conceit to not support such as has been accomplished has made computing less a judicial restraint and more a right of way which on the surface limits the effectiveness of even our place on the internet. I was pleased when certain botnets were closed down awhile back and will even cheer as things happen perhaps even more so. I don't wish to suggest improperly but two gangs of sorts were bragging on the trouble they caused both AOL and most recently ComCast. These are the trouble some ways that I would support seeking legal remedies toward . It is part and parcel why such current event articles as the aforementioned "backdoor" reference sometimes allow greater clarity as to cause effect. It was hoped, that if there was news to be had, that is something of a measured value to learn it was in the best interest of the community/ forum to be made aware of. This was something of an article of current events and it was as a current event that prompted its posting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Security Notices & News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: